PHOTO CREDIT: ISTOCK
Frequently Asked Questions about Registration
Yes, you need to be registered.
You will need to complete an English Equivalency Exam. Please review the requirements in English Language Proficiency Policy.
All registrations are in effect from November 1st to October 31st of the following year.
Renewals and initial applications will be processed within 5 business days once all documents are received. If there is missing information or complications with your renewal or application this may delay the process.
No. All renewal applications must be submitted online by the applicant.
- Renewal processed after October 1st will be subject to a $100 late fee.
- Applications received after November 1st will require the former member to reinstate their registration. Reinstatement is an online application process, which can be accessed by going to the applicant portal.
Fees include registration and Canadian Nurses Protective Society fees.
Your receipt (an invoice) and your wallet card and registration certificate are available on the member portal. You can retrieve the wallet card, certificate and invoice, and forward this directly to your employer if they require a copy. CRNMPEI does not send receipts to employers on your behalf.
- RN: 450hours in the past 3 years.
- NP: 900 hours in the past 3 years
This could delay the processing of your application.
As our renewal process is online you will need to have an email address to access the system. Please ensure this is an email that you check on a regular basis.
Our application form identifies the documents that are required. These include:
- copy of birth certificate
- copy of change of name certificates e.g. marriage/divorce certificates
- copy of government-issued identification with your photo on it (such as a photocopy of your passport photo page).
- A criminal record check must be obtained from the police agency in each jurisdiction in which you have resided in the previous two years and from your country of origin. Criminal record checks must have been issued within the previous month.
One year from the date that you submitted your application to CRNMPEI. Extensions may be granted by the Registrar in exceptional circumstances.
A criminal record check is a legal requirement for nursing registration in PEI. We require that you to obtain a criminal record check from the police agency in each place you have lived in the previous two years and from your country of origin (if other than Canada). Criminal record checks must have been issued within the previous month. You must upload your criminal record check in the College application portal and then send the original copy of the criminal record check(s) to CRNMPEI -- this prevents a delay in your application process. We can copy and return the original/s to you, but you must make that request when you are sending the documents.