Photo credit: ISTOCK
Council & Committees
Council Chair and Nurse Representative – Christine Drummond
- 1992, Diploma, PEI School of Nursing
- 2001, BN, University of New Brunswick
- 2018, MN, University of Prince Edward Island
- Prince County Hospital, Staff Nurse
- Prince County Hospital, Infection Control Nurse
- 2014 – 2016, Provincial Infection Control and Enteric Disease Coordinator, Department of Health and Wellness
- 2016 – present, Provincial Immunization and Vaccine Preventable Disease Coordinator, Department of Health and Wellness
- Previous member of the CRNMPEI Council 2006-2010
- Current member of the Emergency Management Services Board
Council Chair-Elect and Nurse Representative – Mark MacKenzie
- 2010, BScN, University of Prince Edward Island
- 2010 – 2013, Surgery, Prince County Hospital
- 2013 – 2018, RN2, Summerset Manor
- 2018 – 2021, Nurse Manager, Summerset Manor
- 2021 – present, Manager of Mobile Integrated Health
Nurse Practitioner Representative – Lynne Fraser
Nurse Representative – Chantel Noye
Nurse Representative – Chelsea Chessman
2006 – BScN UPEI
- Currently working on MN from Athabasca University
- 2006 – 2014 – Staff nurse on Unit 2 at the QEH
- 2014 – 2021 – Clinical Nurse Educator on Unit 2 at the QEH
- 2021 – 2022 – Nurse Manager of Unit 3 at the QEH
- 2022 – present – Nurse Manager of Unit 7 at the QEH
- Professional Conduct Review Board Member 2019 – 2021
Nurse Representative – Rosemary Herbert
Public Representative – Benjamin MacDonald
Public Representative – Daniel Hughes
Over 35 years Human Resource experience in a Manager/Director capacity in the food industry, heavy construction, environmental management and Municipal Governments. Extensive experience in recruitment of specialty positions locally, nationally and internationally.
Responsible for the design and execution of recruitment, retention, and succession planning strategies as well as providing guidance and coaching to senior management and supervisors.
Significant experience in preparation, design and communication of a variety of HR policies including pay and benefit administration, Occupational Health and Safety, new employee orientation, harassment, performance reviews/performance related concerns, employee discipline process, staff relations, grievances, drug/alcohol issues, exit interviews, etc.
Public Representative – Shirley Urquhart
Shirley joined CRNMPEI Council in 2018 as a public representative. Her formal education includes a Diploma in Nursing from Toronto General Hospital and a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Mount Saint Vincent University, as well as Palliative Care, Frontline Leadership and Foot Care Courses.
Shirley retired as a Family Practice Nurse from the Dalhousie Family Medicine Clinic in Halifix, NS in 2009. She relocated to PEI in 2009 and is very active in her community including membership in a community choir and is an active golf enthusiastic.